Basic Character Profile

Art, Painting, Woman, Girl, Watercolor, Paper, Profile
Personally, I find having character profiles pretty handy. I've used multiple formats over the years, some being very basic, others, rather detailed. Since I'm currently working on planning out a fantasy novel, I thought that I would share some of my planning methods. #1 is character profiles. Typically I start out by using a character creator once I have the basic idea for the character, so that I can better figure out how they look physically, and what their style is clothing-wise. Picrew is a great place to do this, but since it's a Japanese site (and all the text is Japanese unless you have Google translate it) I prefer to bookmark specific character makers. Here's the home page link anyway: picrew.

At this point in the planning stage, I'm going to use a more basic profile. It'll help outline all the details that I need to know to start plotting and worldbuilding. I'm going to fill out the one below in my notes, but I'm leaving this one blank for anyone who wants to use it. I find that using a Google Form that puts information into a Google Sheet is pretty nice. All I have to do is make up the form, and I can use it over and over for various characters within the same world.

Basic Character Profile

Full name:
Age:
Species:
Gender:
Hair:
Eyes:
Skin:
Other notes on appearance:

Parents:
Siblings:
Other relevant family:
Friends:
Enemies:
Love interest:
Other notes on relationships:

Personality notes:

Role in story:

Status:

Any other notes not already written down:

(Please note that this is very basic compared to some of the more in-depth profiles that I have used.)

Comments

  1. I like how basic this list is. Most lists I've looked at are insanely detailed and I end up throwing them out the figurative window XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Character makers are certainly useful. I find myself using Doll Divine's, but the clothes you can choose from are really limited...So not everything that is on the avatar matches what my character would personally wear.
    But I do think I'm going to look into picrew, I used it once, but I am definitely going to look into their other character makers.

    And I am going to use your character sheet too. ;)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, just please keep your language clean and respectful.