NaNoWriMo, 2020 Update 1

 

So the first week of National Novel Writing Month has come to a close. Day 7 is over (or at least will be soon for those who burn the midnight oil).

On the first of November, we started writing. Except for the rebels. (Keep in mind that NaNoWriMo rules were made to broken.) And now we have reached the end of week 1.

I like my novel a lot so far. I'm really enjoying writing it, and the main character is a nice change from the one that I had been focusing on in my other project. She's moody and vengeful and fierce, still mourning and grieving but that just gives her a new depth.

I've hit the 14,000 mark, and I have confidence in my story. I don't have a lot outlined at this point, but I keep plugging along and I'm figuring things out as I write.

One of my favorite lines from this week:

She did not need anyone else to teach her things that she already knew, or, well, was supposed to.
Good luck to anyone else participating!

Comments