February Update, 2021

January was harder than I expected. I'm ahead of schedule on some things, and starting to fall behind on others. It's surprisingly hard to balance writing and resting. 

I completed much more planning for WoN than I had expected to do. I thought it would take me a lot more time to advance from the worldbuilding and brainstorming stage to the outlining stage, but here I am. I've begun a tentative outline, and am working on building a real plot for it. I'm excited, and I really like this project, but I'm also nervous about juggling a dual POV book for the first time. I write in third person, so I'm not a stranger when it comes to multiple POVs, but this is going to have two main characters that will get equal time on the page, and I've never done that before. 

I also picked up a new project that I love dearly. The world, the plot, the characters... everything is coming together very well, and even though the actual process of writing the first draft is slow, I'm really enjoying the experience thus far.

On the other hand, I'm behind on IaFWT. I didn't make my goal for January due to burning out a bit. I'm planning on waiting for a while before I actively pick it back up again so that I can recharge some. TWL is also behind schedule. Good thing is, I planned to draft it over at least three months, so it's not a big deal if I don't make my planned quota during February.

Long story short, I'm ahead and behind at the same time. Keep writing, friends. Keep writing.



Comments