April Fools' Day

 

April Fools' Day can be quite the interesting holiday. Now, a lot of people like to do pranks, myself included. However, I'm not about to pull one of those where I try to convince you that I'm quitting or anything. I believe that pranks require more finesse and artistry than that. 

So instead I'm going to share with you some things related to this holiday that I enjoy.

First on the list: The Terrible Two books by Jory John and Mac Barnett.
These books are all about pranks. The thing is, they're not about the kind of pranks you see on AFV. These are pranks that involve livestock, extremely hot peppers, and more. These are pranks that are very well though-out and have flair without being completely unrealistic.

As far as pranking real people goes, there's a fine, fine line between funny and hurtful. It may be funny to do many of the pranks that you see online, but you do need to prank people with caution. Some pranks can be very harmful emotionally, and it's never okay to take advantage of someone's phobias for a prank, either. 

That said, it may be fun to explore pranking in fiction. After all, why wouldn't you want to see what kinds of pranks a wizard could do with their magic? Testing the limits of April Fools' Day in fiction is a great way to stretch your creative muscles.






Comments