April Update, 2021

 

March didn't go nearly as well as I had hoped it would, for various reasons. It was a lot more stressful than I had thought it would be. College is surprisingly rough by itself, and a deadline turned out to be sooner than I had thought. In short, that and a lot of other things had to sideline my writing- including burn out.

I didn't even realize I was burning out until the second to last week of March, and ended up taking the rest of the month off to try and recuperate. I think it did help, so it wasn't for nothing. I had the chance to plan out more thoroughly what I want to do in April.

As it turns out April is also Camp NaNo. This month I am going to try to collectively draft 50,000 words, finish my second draft of IaFWT (finally, I hope), and finish getting a new site ready. That's, right, a new site. You read that correctly.

In regards to the new site: I believe that I have sufficiently outgrown Google's Blogspot. I need some more room to spread my wings. Now, the site I have planned will certainly be big enough, and might even be a bit too big, space-wise, but I think I'll grow into it. Either way, I'm really excited to have it finished, because I've been feeling a bit cramped here. The new site will be more professional and be able to support more ideas and features I've been implementing here, or wanting to try.

Here's to hoping that April will be gracious and that I'll have better time management skills than that of a warthog.

Comments